Should You Have a First Look?
Couple first looks are becoming very popular at weddings.
Here are a few reasons to having a first look and throwing tradition to the wind!
- Sharing an Intimate Moment!
- First looks allow you and your partner to share a special moment alone together before the ceremony. This can be especially sweet since it’s hard to have a moment between the two of you during the ceremony. Also, wedding days can be hectic and you may not get as much alone time with your love as you’d like! A first look allows you to have that special time together without any interruptions!
- Helps Calm Your Nerves!
- Weddings can be so nerve-racking and exciting all at the same time! A first look allows you and your partner to talk to each other and calm each others’ nerves before the ceremony!
- More Photos!
- First looks also allows you to have more photos with just you and your love. After the ceremony we have to do family formals, bridesmaids/groomsman photos, and couple photos! That’s a lot to get done in a short amount of time. If you do a first look before your wedding ceremony then you’ll have couple photos first, before the stress of family and friend photos! (Because we all know how stressful getting family together for photos can be!)
- Getting that Special Reaction!
- Another plus of having a first look is getting your partner’s reaction to you! Just having that moment caught on camera can be magical! Check out this first look from Westfield Golf Club!
- More time with friends and family!
- Having a first look will allow you to do your couple portraits before the ceremony. Meaning after the ceremony you can go straight to cocktail hour and be with your guests!
Check out these first look photos below from 2018 weddings!